Graduate Admissions Webinar
Do you wish a professor could tell you more about the graduate program at the School of Chemical & Biomolecular Engineering at Georgia Tech? Or that a current graduate student could tell you about life inside the program? Your wish has come true. On December 3, 2013, we held a webinar with professors Victor Breedveld and Sally Ng and graduate students Stephanie Li and Donglee Shin, during which Dr. Breedveld gave an overview of the program and the entire panel answered questions from prospective students about the program, such as:
- Do you accept non-chemical engineering majors into the PhD program?
- As an international student, what are the biggest challenges to transitioning to graduate school in the US?
- Is a particular faculty member accepting students next year?
- How do you decide on admissions?
- What is living in Atlanta like?
- What is the workload? Is there time to do anything outside one's responsibilities as a graduate student?
- What kind of time commitment is being a TA?
Note that you'll be prompted to install WebEx's browser add-on in order to view the webinar. Also, we had some technical difficulties in the middle of the webinar. So, from the 27:20 mark of the video until 29:44, there is no sound. We recommend skipping past that part. We realized the problem during the webinar and repeated what was said, so you did not miss anything.