- Georgia Tech Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion: https://diversity.gatech.edu/institute-commitment-diversity-equity-and-inclusion
- Presentation for DEI Discussion in Research Groups
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Programs
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Committee
Convened in fall 2020 and comprised of representatives from faculty, staff, graduate and undergraduate students, the DEI committee of CHBE seeks to support the strategic plan of the school to increase participation of individuals from underrepresented groups at all levels in academia and industry and realize the benefits of diverse thought and to promote a collegial community within the School and recognize the efforts all of members of the School to increase satisfaction and promote collaboration.
- ChBE Success Program https://success-program.squarespace.com/
- A partnership between graduate and undergraduate students--provides mentoring, study help and professional development opportunities to URM students in CHBE.
- Transfer Student Association https://gatech.campuslabs.com/engage/organization/transfer-student-association
- Launched in ChBE in fall 2013 as an effort to provide academic and social support to incoming transfer students, a significant feeder group for URM students in CHBE. The organization became a chartered student organization for GT in fall 2014.
- CHBE 2801 Inside CHBE
- Personalized mentoring of first semester ChBE transfer students in adapting to Georgia Tech’s competitive atmosphere, learning effective chemical engineering problem-solving skills.
- Laureates and Leaders—launched in spring 2021, provides mentoring for URM students interested in pursuing a PhD
- American Chemical Society (ACS) Bridge Program (GT-EQUAL (Graduate Training for Equality in Underrepresented Academic Leadership) Program: https://chbe.gatech.edu/gt-equal. ChBE was selected in Spring 2019 to be an inaugural site for this program, which aims to increase the number of URM students in PhD programs in the chemical sciences.
- Mentoring for the Professoriate: Launched in Spring 2021, broadens access to mentoring and information for PhD students interested in faculty careers
GT College of Engineering
Center for Engineering Education and Diversity (CEED) https://ceed.gatech.edu/
- National Student Leadership https://www.nslcleaders.org/youth-leadership-programs/engineering-summer-programs/
- Project Engages https://projectengages.gatech.edu/
- Summer Engineering Institute: https://sei.gatech.edu/
- Peer 2 Peer Mentoring program: https://ceed.gatech.edu/peer-2-peer-mentoring-program-p2p
- Summer Undergraduate Research Experience https://sure.gatech.edu/
- Grad RISE https://ceed.gatech.edu/Grad-RISE
- Grad REACH https://ceed.gatech.edu/grad-reach
Women in Engineering (WIE) https://wie.gatech.edu/
Institute Diversity, Equity and Inclusion: https://diversity.gatech.edu/
Reporting units include:
- ADA Compliance https://ada.gatech.edu/
- ADVANCE Program https://advance.gatech.edu/
- Center for the Study of Women, Science and Technology https://wst.gatech.edu/
- Diversity & Inclusion Education & Training https://education.diversity.gatech.edu/
- Diversity & Inclusion Fellows Program https://diversity.gatech.edu/DIFellowsProgram
- LGBTQIA Resource Center https://lgbtqia.gatech.edu/
- Staff Diversity, Inclusion, and Engagement https://sdie.gatech.edu/
- Employee Resource Groups (ERG) https://diversity.gatech.edu/erg
- Student Diversity and Inclusion https://diversity.gatech.edu/student-diversity-and-inclusion-1
- Impact Living-Learning Community https://impactcommunity.gatech.edu/
- Office of Hispanic Initiatives https://hispanicoffice.gatech.edu/
- OMED: Educational Services https://omed.gatech.edu/
- Title IX https://titleix.gatech.edu/
Specific student-focused groups and initiatives include:
- A two-day program targeted at third- and fourth-year URM undergraduates to raise awareness of graduate programs at GT.
IMPACT Living-Learning community https://impactcommunity.gatech.edu/
- A living-learning community for first-year student to explore issues of diversity & social good, community engagement, and sustainability.
- African-American Male Initiative (AAMI) https://omed.gatech.edu/programs/aami
- CHALLENGE https://omed.gatech.edu/programs/challenge
- A summer five-week academic residential program for incoming first-year students
- EDGE https://omed.gatech.edu/programs/edge
- A peer mentoring program for first-year URM students
- Women of Color Initiative (WOCI) https://omed.gatech.edu/woci
- Activities and events to uplift and support Black and LatinX women on campus.
If you have ideas for improving ChBE's environment or concerns you would like to discuss, please contact the School Chair, Prof. David Sholl, or the chair of ChBE's Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Committee, Prof. Martha Grover